National Electricity Market Overview - industry
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market (NEM) Fundamentals
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
The popular National Electricity Market (NEM) Overview course broadly covers the NEM and its operational requirements.
- Introduction to the NEM.
- NEM regulatory regime and the National Electricity Rules.
- The network.
- The power system and how it operates.
- Market operation – spot pricing and dispatch.
- Ancillary services.
- Financial markets and the NEM.
Face-to-face one-day class
- The NEM: recap of e-learning.
- NEM network and the power system.
- NEM spot pricing and dispatch.
- Managing the power system using ancillary services.
- The specifics of metering.
- Settling the NEM – a case study.
- A day in the life of a generator.
- A day in the life of a retailer.
Attendees of the course will gain a broad understanding of how the NEM operates as a physical power system and a wholesale market for electricity.
$220 per person.
9 October 2018
25 October 2018
8 November 2018
29 November 2018
The vital nature of e-learning
Please be advised that the NEM e-learning contains base information that is vital for you getting the most value from the follow up face-to-face sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete as many e-learning modules as possible before the face-to-face session to capitalise on the information provided on the day.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Centre.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "Excellent course - one of the best I have been to."
- "Lectures were comprehensive, yet at a level that anyone could understand and find relevant."
- "Very well organised, presenters were top-notch and well-versed in their particular areas of experience."
- "Was a great course and I got loads out of it – thank you."
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.